Money Making Guides
These guides are in no particular order, the numbers are just for your reference.
Free Player Money Making Guides:
- Complete the rune mysteries quest, mine rune essence and sell it for about 36gold each, quick easy money
- Mine rune essence yourself, then craft them into air runes, these sell for about 20 gold each, but as your runecrafting levels increase, you can get more air runes from the same essence. See the Runecrafting Guide for more info.
- Some people say that they make a fortune cutting trees. Personally I don't think this is the best way to make money unless you can fletch them into something else, but some people swear by it. Go cut normal trees, then oaw, then wille then maple and finally magic trees. Magic trees are where the money is. Some people will pay over 1,000 gold for just one log. In this case, yes it can be very profitable, but it can be teadious to get to that level.
- Mine iron and coal, smelt them together to make steel and SELL the steel bars. You can make a lot more with steel bars than you can with high alching steel plate bodies. I would only suggest making them into steel plates and alching them if you were going for smithing and magic experience.
- Go to Karamja (Or Catherby if you're a member) and fish for lobsters, each one sells for about 200 each.
Paying Runescape Members Only Guides:
- Go to the South East of Seer's Village and pick flax until you're inventory is full. Then take it North West to the small building, 2 buildings down from the bank. Go upstairs and spin the flax on the west side of the room, you'll craft them into bow strings that sell for 100 gold each minimum. So assuming you picked and spun flax with an empty inventory, you would make a minimum of 2,800 gold per trip.
- A bit of a journey West of Seer's Village will get you to the Coal Trucks. Mine yoursefl full with coal, dump it in the truck, then mine some more. Keep going until the truck is full, then go back to the North West of Seer's Village and take it all out and put it into the back, one load at a time.
- Go to the South of Karamja and craft nature runes. The best method is to get as many runes essence as you plan on runecrafting into a bank note, then take plenty of gold with you. Now go to the General Store South of Brimhaven and sell as many rune essence as you have space in your inventory, say 25 for example, then buy them all back and they will be un-noted, then take them to the Nature Alter and craft them.